Sunday, February 1, 2015

Streetboarding and Squid

Hello!
This week we had a lot of planned lessons, a lot of them punked but we did get a few lessons in this week.
 First we met with Sean, we taught him a little more about where the Book of Mormon came from.  He liked it and is reading so he is progressing the only problem with him is he is always studying so he has no time. We ate lunch with him and our food was really slow to come out so we had a good talk about the gospel before the food came. IT was a pretty good lesson, he just needs the time to meet with us more and come to church.
Then our Chinese investigator. He will actually go back to China in about 2 weeks so it is a little bit hard to get anywhere with him but he wants to meet with us as much as he can before he leaves. We are actually spending Pday with him today so it should be fun. We talked a little bit last time how he went to Buddhist temples in China, so we showed him some pictures of our temples and he really liked them a lot.  We invited him to church and even said there will be Chinese people there, but for that reason he doesn't want to come to church. He says in would be awkward.
Lastly we have a couple of new investigators that we are still trying to figure out and get to know.Some seem like they have some good potential.
I studied and focused a lot  in Alma 32-34 this week. I love the comparison on Faith to trees and the Word to a seed. Again this is my favorite missionary companionship of Alma and Amulek  preaching to the Zoramites and correcting some of their behaviors like their method of Prayer. Also there is a couple verses in chapter 33 that uses the wording " Faith unto Repentance" 4 times in 3 verses so that sounded important to me and added it to my study about repentance. I felt the Spirit many time this week especially during study.
 cool experience this week: I have had a lot on my mind lately about coming home. I am honestly scared out of my mind to come home. There are so many things looming over my head and I don't know how I will get it all done. I thought about this for the last couple weeks and lucky for me it was fast Sunday this last Sunday so I decided to fast about it and also to get a blessing from my companion. Long story short that was one of the sweetest moments I have ever been a part of. I know that my companion spoke through the Holy Ghost and I received answers to my prayers and fast. It wasn't the "how to solve my problems" solution that I got, but just the confirming that it would be all right. I definitely felt the spirit and felt like I got a hug from God. Also this experience made me think a lot about those I really love and those who have given me so much support.(You were definitely there;) Thinking of them and how they have helped me was a great crutch that I could lean on. Its been a rough couple of weeks probably the hardest of my mission but the most worth it so far. I have cried because of hard times, feelings I have felt and promptings I have received. I Love this gospel so much.
Thank you so much for all the support I Love you lots!!
 
Miles
 
Streetboarding

Squid I cooked
 

No comments:

Post a Comment