Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday

Well this week was an alrighty week.
 
first off I hope you like all of those pictures.
second yes we hear lots about the boat that was sunk. We hear lots of opinions ranging from it was an accident to it was North Korea's fault. It is a super sad story.
third I will get my package this Wednesday.
 
One of our Zone Leaders came here to do exchanges with Elder Edwards and he is a hilarious Korean. We started to wake up at 6 to get up and go play sports.(elder Edwards thinks frisbee is a sport, I just play basketball). Elder Moon our ZL is awesome at basketball and kept teasing me he was going to beat me. Lo and Behold I creamed him.
 
The Sisters in our area got super sick this week one just had the flu but other one is still going to the hospital. President thinks she needs her appendix removed. Really Tough situation. So we had district meeting without the sisters, and that was good because I had to give a training this week, and without them I could just focus on the Elders. We talked a lot about being a consecrated missionary. Really fun.
 
None of our investigators met with us this week either. They are all super busy or dont want to meet with us anymore. We have been trying to find more new investigators but all of the appointments we set on the street fall through, but oh well that is just missionary work. We do have a few really good potentials that should meet with us this next week. Same ole same ole.
 
It rained a little bit this week and i had my holy shoes on so they got pretty wet. not fun, but Hey holes mean you work hard!!
 
We went to a Korean Air Force base because one of our members wanted to feed us, so she took us to watch an air show and took us to a really cheap store. Then a security guy got scared and told us we had to leave because we were 3 big foreigners and 1 small foreigner standing on the sidewalk looking at the airshow. Super Funny!
 
One sad piece of news. The other Elders investigator didn't show up to his baptismal service yesterday. He wouldn't answer peoples calls either. Apparently he got in trouble with the police but we are still trying to figure it out. really sad, Elder Edwards is super depressed, it doesn't help that he has a cold either.
 
Sorry this email is so lame but not much else happened this week. This upcoming week we have a Mission Tour with Elder Whiting of the seventy and Transfer calls im on the chopping block to be transferred so I will keep you posted.
 
 This past week I was thinking and studying a lot about Easter. I read all of the stories in the scriptures and in Jesus the Christ. I have thought a lot about the Atonement and what it means to me. It literally means everything because Christ suffered for me I don't have to suffer. He made it possible for me and all people to live again! Holidays like Easter and Christmas are a lot different on a mission because there are no Santas and Easter bunnies only Christ and His Gospel. And That is literally the best present of all, even better that Marshmallow Santas or Peeps:) I know Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer! He Lives, I know it and we can conquer Death because he paved the way for us!
LOVE YOU SOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
Elder Miles Diede
 


Lots of pics as I promised
Buddhist temple pics
the sign says watch your head



 Elder Edwards and me
 awesome huge hornet sting hurts like heck

53 grapes in my mouth
cleaning the font


 Easter Sunday Me and Elder Rosekelley




awesome paper dragon that breaths fire
LOOK MOM I FINALLY LEARNED HOW TO IRON MY PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me and a tea pot

No comments:

Post a Comment