Sunday, August 18, 2013

I am in Korea Aug 4, 2013

안냥하세요 from Korea! First anwsering questions. I experienced no night, but I did sleep. The flight was good i sat next to another missionary so i talked to him I had an isle seat. Jetlag...you have no idea I just collapsed at bedtime, i was so tired! We talked to lots of people about the church on the plane since there were 30 of us. I had a package waiting so i guess it doesnt take that long. I opened it just in case in had candy that would melt(it did) but i saved the wrapped stuff until my actal day.
Alright. My trainers name is Elder Franchina he is from draper. He has been in korea for 8 months and only in our area for 6 weeks. he is very nice hopefully i can attach a picture. Our area is called Dongdaymoon. It is it is inbetween the center of seoul and the outskirts. Our house is super nice. We live right next to the church. We have the biggest house in the mission and we are the only elder house with AC. It is SOOO hot here. 4 times as bad than the time we went to the east coast. I sleep on something called a Yo. ( just like couch cusions with no couch. actually really comfy, but im so exahsted it doesnt matter. I came so close to talking with tim I missed him by 10 minutes. It was his temple day when we were training in the mission home.  Yes my Pday is on monday here so as i write this your sleeping.
Lots and lots of proslyting or 잔더ing. We just walking in circles around a GIANT crosswalk and talk to people. or on the subway or buses. I can say alot of stuff that i want to say but its the understanding that kills me. You say the same thing over and over so you pick it up pretty quickly. I love it. it is so much fun!
Then i had the opportunity to teach an investigator. His name is moon chay. He speaks english so we teach him in english, but it is still way hard.  His need is gaining a spiritual desire, he will keep all reading commiments because it is interesting to him but wont pray or do any spiritual stuff. We taught him about prophets and a little of he word of wisdom. it was an awesome experience.
Whats the status with Matt and Beau. Talk to them have them email me I want to hear from them.
Korea is awesome. So much different than what I imagined taller than New York way more packed and WAY more green. It is super green here. I love it though it is way fun! it is hard work but it needs to be done! Thaks for the package, that was really nice but way expesive. i think letters are alot less expesive. I should get one sent off soon.
Well I got to go do laundry. I need some more clothes to sweat in this week! I love ya! Thanks for all the support pictures and info. i hope you had a good time with the lights and wellards on the river. Dad looks way different with the beard. no wonder he was a mob member:) Love YOU!!!
xoxoxoxo
Elder Miles Diede

 OHH I forgot to tell you. It always rains. It starts so quick we we walking back from our bishops store and it came down in 2 sec. then we had to run through it. i was soaked in 3 seconds. Also my ward is SUPER nice they LOVE me because im tall, traying to learn korean and my name is easy to pronounce in korean( 디디) We have FHE tonight where we are eating it is going to be way fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment